At Zurich we celebrate the diversity of our customers through a culture that embraces inclusiveness and allows people to bring their ‘whole self’ to work. To demonstrate their commitment to our diversity and inclusion (D&I) agenda, each of our employee networks is sponsored by a member of our Executive Team, and our UK CEOs form the steering group which shapes the D&I strategy.
Gender Pay Gap Report 2017
Our gender pay gap figures have been calculated in line with the government regulations and show the mean and median pay gap (based on hourly rate of pay at 5th April 2017) and mean and median bonus gap (based on bonuses paid in the 12 months to 5th April 2017). The report is available to download HERE.
Diversity & Inclusion Highlights
• Launch of Pride@Zurich, Zurich’s global LGBT Network
• Launched Role Models’ guide
• Held our second Diversity and Inclusion week, with the theme of ‘Intersectionality’
• Participation and founding member of GIN (the Insurance Industry’s Gender Inclusion Network)
• Growth of our four employee resource groups - Cultural Awareness Network (CAN), Women’s Innovation Network (WIN), Disability Inclusion Group (DIG) and Gay, Lesbian and Everyone Else (GLEE), with a combined total of 1000 members
• Signed the Women in Finance Charter
We’ve achieved external recognition for our efforts to become more diverse and inclusive in 2016. These awards include:
• Became a member of Bloomberg Financial Services Gender Equality Index
• Overall winner –private sector – at the ENEI awards for Diversity and Inclusion
• Recognised at ENEI awards as a Gold Standard Employer and for employee engagement impact.
• Moved up 51 spaces in Stonewall Workplace Equality Index
• Participation in ‘DiveIn’ festival at events in the UK, US and Switzerland.