At Zurich we celebrate the diversity of our customers through a culture that embraces inclusiveness and allows people to bring their ‘whole self’ to work. To demonstrate their commitment to our diversity and inclusion (D&I) agenda, each of our employee networks is sponsored by a member of our Executive Team, and our UK CEOs form the steering group which shapes the D&I strategy.
• Launch of Pride@Zurich, Zurich’s global LGBT Network
• Launched Role Models’ guide
• Held our second Diversity and Inclusion week, with the theme of ‘Intersectionality’
• Participation and founding member of GIN (the Insurance Industry’s Gender Inclusion Network)
• Growth of our four employee resource groups - Cultural Awareness Network (CAN), Women’s Innovation Network (WIN), Disability Inclusion Group (DIG) and Gay, Lesbian and Everyone Else (GLEE), with a combined total of 1000 members
• Signed the Women in Finance Charter
We’ve achieved external recognition for our efforts to become more diverse and inclusive in 2016. These awards include:
• Became a member of Bloomberg Financial Services Gender Equality Index
• Overall winner –private sector – at the ENEI awards for Diversity and Inclusion
• Recognised at ENEI awards as a Gold Standard Employer and for employee engagement impact.
• Moved up 51 spaces in Stonewall Workplace Equality Index
• Participation in ‘DiveIn’ festival at events in the UK, US and Switzerland.