Protection against environmental damage during construction works
- General contractors including industrial, commercial, residential, infrastructure (road, sewage, hospitals etc.), demolition and abatement (lead and asbestos), road works/motorway construction, excavation and grading
- Trade contractors (plumbers, pipe/gas fitters, HVAC, paving, concrete)
- Industrial Service contractors (maintenance, cleaning, asbestos/mould/lead paint abatement, emergency response contractors, storage tank installation & removal, pipeline installation)
- Environmental contractors (remediation in situ or ex situ, borehole sampling, air or water sampling).
- Capacity of up to £17.5m/USD 25m
Some environmental hazards cannot easily be foreseen by a contractor and exist regardless of the type of work they are hired to perform. Operations performed by a contractor may result in claims for bodily injury or property damage stemming from the presence, escape, release or exacerbation of pollutants at a project site.
- Exacerbation of existing hazardous conditions when a contractor moves hazardous materials
- Toxic substances contained in building materials released during demolition, construction or after completion
- Accidental release of hazardous materials as a result of a contractor-caused damage (i.e. damage to a pipeline or storage tank in which hazardous materials are contained)
- Injury to third parties caused by equipment or materials used by a contractor in their work
- A construction defect which causes water intrusion into a structure that leads to the growth of mould
- Negligent installation of industrial equipment containing hazardous materials
- Fugitive sediment and dust from a project site
We offer flexible annual or multi-year coverage for specific projects or all contracting operations of the insured.
- Environmental damage arising from covered operations
- Third party claims for bodily injury, property damage, clean-up costs, & environmental damage
- Transportation of materials
- Insured's owned, leased operated or staging sites (excluding job sites)
- Non-owned disposal sites
- Emergency response costs/loss prevention costs to address provisions under ELD to prevent or mitigate an imminent threat of or actual damage to the environment or threat to human health
- Property damage definition extends to third party diminution in property value
- Incidental professional liability coverage for allegations of improper supervision or subcontractors
- Coverage for losses arising out of asbestos abatement performed by qualified contractors and/or incidental to insured's business