Providing an income if an employee is absent from work due to serious illness or injury
Group Income Protection insurance enables an employer to pay employees a percentage of continued income if illness or injury prevents them from working for a prolonged period of time. It also provides rehabilitation support from the early stages of absence to help aid an employee's recovery as quickly and effectively as possible.
Why choose Zurich Corporate Risk?
Key features of our Group Income Protection insurance
Group Income Protection
- Enables you to cover up to 80% of an employee's salary.
- Can provide cover for an employer's pensions and national insurance contributions.
- Offers competitive Automatic Acceptance Limits benefit, below which won't normally require underwriting. We communicate these based on salary for easier communication to customers.
- Enables you to choose when income replacement will start either 8, 13, 26, 28, 41 or 52 weeks.
- Enables you to choose whether benefits will increase annually during claim to protect against inflation.
- Can pay direct to an employee who has left your employment subject to certain criteria.
- Cover available for employees age 16 to 69.
Group Income Protection - Limited benefit term
- This option enables an employer to pay employees a percentage of continued income for a selected limited period of 2, 3, 4 or five years if illness or injury prevents them from working for a prolonged period of time.
- Can also provide a lump sum of up to four times an employee's yearly salary (up to a maximum of £1,600,000) at the end of the limited benefit.
For detailed information, please read our guide.
We’ve partnered with Tree-nation, a re-forestation initiative aiming to stop climate change, one tree at a time. From now until 1 December 2020, for any of our customers who choose to take out or renew a Group Income Protection Insurance policy, we will offer to plant trees on their behalf.
Our flexible benefit arrangements allow employees the flexibility to vary their level of cover to suit their circumstances. It also enables employers to control their overall benefits spend.
We'll tailor the benefits package to meet the needs of the employer and their employees.
Employee Assistance Programme
Employee Assistance Programmes (EAPs) provide valuable employee and employer support in addressing mental health issues. We work with EAP provider, Health Assured Ltd, and can provide our intermediary partners with proposition solutions that support both integrated and independent EAP arrangements.
Please speak to your Account Manager to find out more.
We provide our customers (and their employees) access to online worldwide security and health information. This is particularly relevant for employees who travel overseas.