In March 2014, Zurich Community Trust (ZCT) received a High Sheriff of Wiltshire's Award in recognition of the 'vital impact' the Zurich Community Trust makes on the community. Pictured above receiving the award are: Tony Martin, Volunteering Manager, ZCT; Tim Culling, Chair of ZCT; Jane Fox, ZCT and Pam Webb, Head of ZCT with William Wyldbore-Smith, the High Sheriff of Wiltshire.
Zurich Community Trust (ZCT) and the Children & Young People’s Mental Health Coalition (CYPMHC) have been short-listed for the Charity Times Cross Sector Partnership award.
Over the last six years, ZCT has supported the Coalition to become the leading campaigning and policy body of children and young people's mental health, and connects over 120 charities and academic institutions as well as experts in the field.
By influencing policy and practice, the reach and breadth of impact can be significant and with this cross sector partnership we have worked in schools and with parliamentarians to ensure more children get help for their mental health as and when they need it.
The winner will be announced on 28 September at an event in London, so wish us luck and watch this space!
In March 2015, Zurich won ‘Best Community Development Project – Large Organisations’ at the inaugural national Corporate Social Responsibility Awards for its Call in Time programme. Read more here >>
In May 2014, the Zurich Community Trust's India programme won top award in the category 'Excellence in Developmental Intervention' in The Association for Business Psychology Workforce Experience Awards 2014. Steve Apps from Persona, who has provided coaching for over 30 Zurich assignees received the award on behalf of the Trust with Kate Hodges, Programme Manager, Zurich Community Trust.
In August 2014, local employee volunteer network Involve Swindon received one of The Prime Minister's Big Society Awards which was presented by the former Minister for Civil Society, Brooks Newmark. Established in 2004, Involve Swindon, with annual funding from the Zurich Community Trust, Intel and Nationwide, brings together representatives from local employers, the statutory sector and the voluntary sector to work collaboratively to share skills. It is chaired by Tony Martin, the Trust's Volunteer Development Manager.
Zurich currently holds a Platinum Quality Mark Award in the Payroll Giving Quality Awards. Run by the Institute of Fundraising, they recognise organisations who make Payroll Giving available for their staff and foster a culture of committed giving in the workplace by actively promoting Payroll Giving. The Platimum Award recognises those employers who continually strive to increase donations to UK charities through Payroll Giving. Over 23% of Zurich's UK employees support the work of the Zurich Community Trust through a regular payroll giving donation.
For the second year running, Zurich also received the additional Special Awards for Giving Something Back, in the Sunday Times Top 25 Big Companies to Work For, recognising Zurich employees' contribution to the continued work of Zurich Community Trust in supporting the most vulnerable people in our society.
- Won the prestigious 'Cross Sector Partnership of the Year' at the Charity Times Awards for the partnership with leading treatment charity Addaction. The judges praised ‘a dynamic partnership between Addaction and Zurich Community Trust, which has successfully developed a unique model which works with families to break the cycle of inter-generational drug use and abusive drinking.’
- Zurich successfully renewed and retained the BITC CommunityMark status for three more years. The CommunityMark is the UK's only standard that publicly recognises excellence in Community Investment. Zurich is one of 13 pioneer companies to first achieve the CommunityMark in 2008.
- Zurich was a winner at National Payroll Giving Excellence Awards.
Zurich won the Best Large Employer Campaign at the National Payroll Giving Excellence Awards. The award was made for a large employer with more than 250 employees that has carried out a well constructed and thought out Give As You Earn (GAYE) promotion with measurable results. The campaign generated vital additional regular income to the Zurich Community Trust.
- Zurich was awarded the Business in the Community 'Big Tick' for the Zurich Cares programme as part of of BITC's Awards for Excellence. The Big Tick is the UK's most prestigious recognition of responsible business practice, endorsing those companies who have demonstrated significant impact and high quality management of a range of issues, from education through to supply chain and climate change.
- Zurich Community Trust was a finalist in the Charity Partnership category in the Third Sector Excellence Awards 2009 for our A Call in Time programme run in partnership with Help the Aged.
- Zurich was proud to be one of the first recipients of the inaugural CommunityMark, developed by Business in the Community. This new award recognised effective community investment which, in Zurich's case, is delivered through the Zurich Community Trust.
- Awarded Service to the Community Award in the Wiltshire Business of the Year 2007 Awards, sponsored by BBC Radio Swindon
- Highly Commended by the Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) in the Companies and Communities Awards in 2006 in the Innovation category. This was for our telephone support programme, Call in Time, supporting vulnerable older people and in partnership with Help the Aged.
- Won Wiltshire Business of the Year Award for outstanding service to the community of Wiltshire in 2005
- 2004 Insurance Times Community Initiative of the Year Award
Business in the Community has awarded our Dementia, INclusion and India programmes the coveted BIG TICK mark for Programme Impact for the last four years respectively. Excellence in Partnership Award granted by charity partner, Gloucestershire Neighbourhood Project Network (GNPN) at the House of Commons.
- Runner up in 2002's Contribution to the Community Award, run by The Citizen and Gloucestershire Echo Business Awards, for our work by Zurich Cares in Cheltenham.
- In 2001, Whitbread Volunteer Action Awards voted us Company of the Year in 2001 and the Insurance Times awarded us the 'Community Initiative of the Year Award'.