What will we collect?
The information that we may collect through this website may include personal information about you such as your name, email address, postal address, date of birth and lifestyle information. For some services, such as linking you with other plans you may already have with the Zurich Group*, we may use other personal identifiers you type in, such as your plan number or National Insurance Number, for this purpose. We may also obtain information about you from other companies outside the Zurich Group that you have plans with so that we can facilitate access to the products and services that you have requested through this website.
How will we use personal data?
We process personal information to provide financial services and to promote products and services from several product providers in the Zurich Group to customers and intermediaries of those product and service providers.
Where we introduce you to another company in the Zurich Group, that company will tell you how your personal information will be used.
We will also use personal information:
- to provide you with a more personalised experience
- to confirm your identity before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you
- to update your contact details so we can keep in touch
- to support our Live Chat service
- to comply with the law or our regulatory requirements; and also
- for reporting, internal business administration and analysis, management information and research, for example, to ask for your opinion about the products and services provided by product providers in the Zurich Group..
If you communicate with us by email, we will need to keep your email communication for our records.
Who else may have access to my personal information?
We may disclose information to the Zurich Group, service providers and agents for the following purposes:
- for the purposes of insurance administration by the insurer
- for crime prevention purposes
- research, trend and analytical purposes
- to ensure the information that we, the Zurich Group hold about you, and any insurance plans you may have with Zurich Group are accurate and up to date
- so that companies in the Zurich Group can provide you with the products and services you have requested through Zurich FutureYou website
- for provide you with financial advice. (Where this is requested, we will need to pass relevant information to Zurich Advice Solutions (UK) Ltd. They are an appointed representative of Evolution Wealth Network Ltd, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. They will tell you how they will use your information when they contact you)
If your personal information is transferred outside the European Economic Area, we will ensure it is kept secure.
We would like to keep you informed about the Zurich Groups products, services and offers that we believe will be of interest to you. We may share personal data that you provide with the Zurich Group and with other companies that we establish commercial links with so that we and they may contact you (by mail, email, telephone or other appropriate means) in order to tell you about carefully selected products, services or offers if you have agreed to this. If you have chosen to receive marketing information from us and/or the Zurich Group, you can opt out at any time by changing your preference in the 'Account' section of the Zurich FutureYou website, after you have created an account, or by writing to us using the address provided in the "Further Information" section below.
For your convenience we have included links on this website to other sites that we believe you may find useful. These websites will each have their own privacy statement, which may differ from ours. Therefore please ensure, when you click on any of our links, that you read the privacy statement located on the website you have selected. Any websites connected with this site are not within our control.
Where you have linked to our website from a third party website, we may be required to pass your personal information to the third party. Please read the privacy statement provided by the third party website to make sure that you understand how they will process your information.
By using this website, you are saying that you agree to the collection and use of any personal information sent to or requested by us, provided it is used as set out in this Policy. We will only keep your information for as long as it is relevant for the purpose for which it was collected or requested.
We may monitor or record your communications with us to improve our service and the services we provide through this website and for security, legal and regulatory purposes.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee) and to correct any inaccuracies in your information.
Whilst we are committed to making sure we protect your privacy, the Internet is not a 100% secure medium of communication and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted via the Internet. We are not responsible for any damages you, or others, may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information
Before you provide us with any personal data about a third party you must obtain the correct authority from the individual(s) concerned and undertake to keep them informed about how their information will be used.
* Zurich Group means Zurich Insurance Group Ltd. and its direct and indirect subsidiary companies (as defined by the Companies Act 2006) and branches of such subsidiary companies from time to time.
Companies within the Zurich Group will have separate privacy policies. You should carefully read these to see how they will use your information.
Zurich Intermediary Group Limited is registered with the UK Information Commissioner under the Data Protection Act 1998, registration number ZA057244.