Zurich Retirement Account
How it works
- If you haven’t got access to a pension with your employer a Zurich Retirement Account might be right for you.
- You could get tax relief on your payments and a choice of how take your retirement benefits when you reach retirement age.
- Your Zurich Retirement Account is held in a Zurich Portfolio – think of this as a handy place to keep your accounts.
- You'll need to speak to an adviser at Zurich Advice Solutions to see if this account is right for you.
It might be right for you if…
- You’re prepared to invest for the long term
- You want to benefit from tax relief on your payments
- You want to invest in the types of funds available in the account and are aware of and accept the risks associated with these funds
- You want flexibility on how and when you take your retirement benefits
- You want to leave benefits to your beneficiaries if you die
Things to be aware of
- The usual health warning applies – the value of your account and the assets you invest in can go down and your retirement benefits are not guaranteed.
- The tax information is based on our understanding of 2016/17 rules, which may change in the future. The tax you pay is based on your individual circumstances.
- When you take your pension benefits, you can normally take up to 25% tax free. Anything above this, and you’ll have to pay tax at your usual rate.
Where can I invest?
You can invest in a fund from the Zurich Horizon Multi-Asset fund range which you can match to your attitude to risk. You can change your fund any time you want to and you can also hold cash in your account.
How much will it cost me?
There are some costs with investing and we’ll make these clear so there shouldn’t be any nasty surprises. Find out more about the charges and the interest rate payable on cash.
All the details
You’ll find all the details in the Key features of the Zurich Retirement Account and in the Zurich Portfolio Terms and conditions.
How to apply
If you think this might be right for you, contact us and we’ll put you in touch with Zurich Advice Solutions, bear in mind, you’ll need to pay for the advice.
Once your account is up and running
Most changes to your account will have to be made through an adviser. Take a look at the Key features document which explains what you can change and what an adviser needs to action.