Adaptable Life Plan
How it works
Unlike our other life insurance plans, the cover you get from our Adaptable Life Plan lasts the whole of your lifetime rather than a set number of years.
Our whole of life plan can help your family pay funeral costs, clear unpaid debt or simply to leave something behind to those you treasure by providing a cash sum when you die.
Its main features
- Pays out if you’ve been diagnosed with a terminal illness and are expected to live less than 12 months
- Opt to insure just you or add your partner to pay out when the first person dies or after you both die.
- Your payments won’t change (unless you change the amount of your cover)
- We pay out – in 2015 we paid 98.5% of our death claims.
Things to think about
- If your plan covers you and your partner, you can choose for the plan to pay out on the first or second death.
- You may be able to increase your cover without giving us updated details, like if you get married or divorced.
- If you’re using the plan to pay for a future inheritance tax liability, we may be able to give you free cover while we assess your application.
- You won’t have to pay income or capital gains tax on any benefits your plan pays out.
- You’ll find everything you need to know in the Key features document.
|Pays out when you die (1)||✔|
|Includes terminal illness (2)||✔|
|Access to counselling services (3)||✔|
(1) Life insurance pays out when you die.
(2) If you are diagnosed with a terminal illness and not expected to live for more than 12 months, your life insurance will pay out.
(3) We offer a range of confidential telephone based customer counselling services surrounding basic lifestyle events – such as legislative and taxation enquiries, family and work-related issues including relationship problems, financial difficulties, stress and anxiety, substance abuse and bereavement.