Zurich Stocks and Shares ISA
How it works
Pay in up to £20,000 (tax year 2017-18) into a stocks and shares ISA, a cash ISA or both. You can only pay into one stocks and shares ISA in any one tax year. A stocks and shares ISA is a really tax-efficient way to invest – all the income and capital growth is tax-free.
Your Zurich Stocks and Shares ISA is held in a Zurich Portfolio. Think of this as a handy place to keep your investment products.
It might be right for you if…
- You’re looking for potentially higher investment returns than a typical bank or building society account
- You want a tax-efficient way of investing
- You’re happy to invest in the funds available in the account and you're aware of and accept the risks associated with the funds
- You want to transfer an existing ISA
- You can invest for at least five years
Things to be aware of
- The usual health warning applies – the value of your account can go down and you may get back less than you invest.
- If you are transferring from a cash ISA, you should be aware of the increased risks associated with stocks and shares ISAs.
- The tax information is based on our understanding of 2017/18 rules, which may change in the future. The tax you pay is based on your individual circumstances.
Payments in and out:
- pay in as much as you want up to the yearly ISA allowance
- you can transfer other cash ISAs or stocks and shares ISAs you hold into the Zurich Stocks and Shares ISA without it affecting your ISA allowance
- take regular or one-off withdrawals and you can pay in any money you take out back in during the same tax year on top of your ISA allowance.
Where can I invest?
You can invest in a fund from the Zurich Horizon Multi-Asset fund range which you can match to your attitude to risk. Once your ISA is up and running you can change your fund, and hold cash in your account.
How much will it cost me?
There are some costs with investing and we'll make these clear so there shouldn't be any nasty surprises. Find out more about the charges and the interest rate payable on cash.