The Zurich Community Trust (UK) limited is a registered charity funded by annual donation from the Zurich UK businesses and by generous donations from the UK employees.
What we do
Our annual million pound grant programme addresses key social issues and supports disadvantaged people, helping them move from dependence to independence.
There are two strands to the Zurich Community Trust:
- National Transformation programmes which aim to tackle key social issues, such as substance misuse in families, the isolation of vulnerable older people and children and young people’s mental health issues. We aim to do this in a way that is innovative, sustainable and replicable.
- The employee involvement programme called Zurich Cares. This includes supporting our national partners, CLIC Sargent, The Alzheimer’s Society and Hope & Homes for Children.
The Zurich Community Trust also brokers a wide range of volunteering opportunities for UK employees, engaging over 40% of the Zurich UK workforce in sharing their skills with the community each year with both strands.
Who we support
The Trust supports over 600 charities each year, making a measurable impact on the lives of over 100,000 people. Visit our website www.zct.org.uk
How to get involved
There are so many ways in which you can support Zurich Cares.
You may want to fundraise (and get fit) by running a marathon or perhaps you prefer to stay sitting down and sign up to regular giving through Give As You Earn (GAYE) – which is matched by 100%. Then there's the Zurich Cares Lottery, Round Pound...
While if you want to give your time, there are many ways to share your personal and business skills through our annual Challenge and Skillshare programme.
And we can help you too through:
- Matching money you and your children raise through sponsored events
- Support you with a £200 grant award if you volunteer as a Trustee or School Governor
- AND, because community involvement is an integral part of our corporate culture, employees are entitled to take one paid day per year to volunteer -provided it is agreed in advance with your manager.
The work of the Zurich Community Trust supports Zurich’s overall Corporate Responsibility programme and has been recognised by many awards.
We don’t do this to win acclaim. We do it because it’s important to us to have high standards of responsibility and integrity towards our communities, society and our employees.
Nevertheless, we are delighted to have received recognition for our efforts because it is proof that others believe we are following the right course including:
- We won the prestigious ‘Cross Sector Partnership of the Year’ at the Charity Times Awards in 2012 with leading treatment charity Addaction.
- Zurich successfully renewed and retained the BITC CommunityMark status for three more years in 2012.
- For the fourth year running, Zurich has achieved GOLD in Business in the Community’s (BITC) 2012 Corporate Responsibility Index (CRI), the UK’s leading voluntary benchmark of corporate responsibility.
Breaking the Cycle
A Call in Time
Young People's Mental Health