We use cookies to provide you with a responsive service to make your experience of our website(s) better. Please confirm that you agree to our use of cookies in accordance with our cookies policy.

By continuing to use our website we will assume that you are happy to receive non-privacy intrusive cookies. Please be aware that if you disable cookies some functionality on the site will not work.

Alternatively, read our cookies policy to find out more about our cookie use and how to disable cookies.

    • Protect the environment. Think before you print.

Frequently asked questions

Contact us

Zurich Recruitment Team

01793 406055

HR Services

0800 302 9056
0808 238 3515 (Fax)

Talent, Learning and Development

0800 302 9056
01624 691554 (IoM)


0800 302 9056

General queries

  • What happens once I have returned my acceptance paperwork?
    We will start the referencing process and review the additional information that you have supplied to us. You will be kept up to date on progress of your referencing by the Zurich Recruitment Team.
  • Is there an alternative to providing my passport to prove my eligibility to work in the UK or Isle of Man?
    A full size birth certificate is acceptable as proof to work in the UK. The certificate must show at least one of the parent’s names and must be accompanied by an official National Insurance document – i.e. NI Card, P45, P60, payslip from a previous employer or Government Agency letter.

    Short Birth certificates are not accepted as UK eligibility.

    Click here for a full list of acceptable documents to prove your eligibility to work in the UK.

    If you are going to send your passport to us, we would recommend that you send it via recorded delivery – we will then send it back to you in the same way. If you would prefer not to send your passport in the post, please contact the Zurich Recruitment Team as we can then arrange for you to take it into your local Zurich office.

    You may also be required to bring your original eligibility to work in the UK documents into the office on, or before, your first day. This is to comply with Home Office requirements where we have to ensure that you have been seen, by a Zurich employee, with your original documents.
  • When should I hand my notice in?
    Zurich will confirm your appointment once all of your references have been cleared to our satisfaction, including your current employer. It is your choice as to whether you wish to tender your resignation from your current employer before the references have been completed.
  • I can't find my educational certificates - will this hold up the referencing process?
    No – as, in all cases, The Security Watchdog will approach your School/College for a reference to confirm your qualifications and the period of time that you attended the school/college.
  • What do I do if I don't have Utility Bills for the past 3 years to prove my proof of address for referencing purposes?
    Please provide The Security Watchdog with copies of your Bank Statements to confirm your previous addresses. Mobile Phone bills will not be accepted as proof of your address.
  • How long will the referencing process take?
    Approximately 7 working days if you are a Grade 1 or 2 or 10 working days if you are a Grade 3 or above. However this will depend on your number of previous employers and your ability to provide The Security Watchdog with any additional information that they may need in order to complete the referencing checks.
  • Can you let me know my start date?
    The Zurich Recruitment Team may be able to advise you of a provisional start date once we have received your acceptance paperwork, however an actual start date will not be confirmed until your references have cleared to our satisfaction. Once the Pre-employment checks have been completed you will be informed of your start date, where you need to report to and who to ask for on your first day.
  • What should I wear to work?
    We expect all employees to present a professional image whilst at work. We have a combination of formal, business casual and other informal dress depending on your role, location and part of the business. Please ask the person who you will be reporting to, to confirm your dress code before you join.

Pay & Benefits

  • Where do I send my P45 or T21 for Isle of Man?
    You need to send your P45 or T21 to:

    HR Services
    PO Box 1195
    SN1 1GH
  • What do I do if I don't have my P45?
    If you have not received a P45 from your previous employer upon leaving, you will pay tax as per the HMRC income tax rate table, without the benefit of any tax free personal allowance. Please ensure that you complete the 'Employee Statement' section of your Personal Details Form, which will be sent to you by the Zurich Resource Centre, with your ‘E Offer’ letter. We will then liaise with the tax office for assessment of your tax code, and they will advise us of any changes to be made.
  • When do I get my first salary payment?
    Depending on when you start you will normally be paid on the 25th of the month direct into your bank/building society account. If you join close to payday your first salary payment may go into the following month. Your Manager will be able to advise you when your first pay will be.
  • What is my holiday entitlement?
    Your employment contract advises you of your holiday entitlement. The holiday year runs from 1 January to 31 December so your holiday entitlement will be pro-rated for the first year based on your joining date. This is based on complete calendar months, between starting and the end of the year.
  • When will I receive further information about my benefits?
    A summary of The Flexible Benefits scheme is on the Flexible Benefits page of this site. Approximately a week after joining us HR Services will send you further details on your options and what to do next.
  • Where can I find out more about the Pension Scheme?
    You can find out more about the Zurich Pension Scheme by visiting the Pension section of this site, accessing the secure website: or contacting the ZCashbuilder Team on 0870 240 0177.
  • My contract mentions I will be entitled to a company car - how do I find out more about this?
    You will be able to access details of the Company Car scheme when you join Zurich on the Zurich Intranet, however if you require any information regarding the scheme prior to you joining , please contact the Zurich Driver Services Line on 0844 493 5645.