This policy provides cover for loss of, or damage to machinery during specified moving operations.
Significant features and benefits:
- Transit – includes incidental storage whilst in transit.
- Moving from the unloading point to the actual working position.
- Cover for lifting or lowering, from the attachment of slings until removal is included.
- Re-siting cover – removal from one site to another within same location.
- Premium is calculated on the new replacement value of the machinery to be moved.
- Premium can be adjusted at the end of each period of insurance.
- Completion of a proposal form is not required.
Optional cover available:
- Testing – protection for loss of, or damage to, new machinery caused when occurring during testing or commissioning. This extension is available for a period of up to seven days following completion of the erection.
- Cover can include erection or installation from the time the machinery is unloaded, until the start of testing or running.
- Cover can include dismantling and/or disconnecting, until loading on the transport vehicle begins.
- Sea or air transit – cover for loss of, or damage to, machinery caused during sea or air transit (subject to value of machinery and Marine Institute Clauses).
Contact your broker for further details.