Cover for all risks protection for materials usually referred to as "contract works".
Cover includes owned and hired-in contractors' plant and employees' personal tools and effects.
Significant features and benefits:
- All Risks’ cover for contract works on site up to handover and 14 days thereafter where required by contract.
- Transit to or from the contract site (other than by sea or air).
- Up to 12 months restricted cover following handover during the maintenance or defects liability period where required by contract.
- ‘Free issue materials’ for which the Insured is contractually responsible.
- Contract works stored away from contract site.
- Completed properties awaiting sale for up to three months after completion.
- Indemnity to principal where required by contract conditions.
- Waiver of subrogation against sub-contractors where required by JCT contract conditions.
- Expediting expenses.
- Debris removal.
- Professional fees.
- Cost of clerical labour and materials for redrawing plans.
- Completion of a proposal form is not required.
Optional covers available:
- Owned contractors’ plant at any location in the UK.
- Insured legal liability under hiring conditions for hired-in plant.
Please contact your broker for further information
Contract Works Construction Policy Summary
Contract Works Construction Policy