We are looking for an outstanding Welding Engineer to join our very successful UKAS-accredited laboratory in West Bromwich and help us to continue to grow our business. As a Welding Engineer you’ll have a wide variety of responsibilities. These include managing projects, such as assisting in the control of welding approval projects, carrying out testing and analysis of welds, responsibility for test pieces, ensuring testing requirements are satisfied and issuing certificates. We set high quality and service standards and you’ll need to maintain these while ensuring that all work is carried out profitably.
If you are an experienced Welding Engineer we would like to hear from you.
The role of the Welding Engineer will primarily be to support Service in all Welding Engineering and QC aspects of the business. Whilst as a secondary role, offer support and assistance in the overall management and execution of projects to ensure projects are delivered in accordance with project requirements, specifications, schedule and budget.
The successful Welding Engineer will be tasked with these Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review and approve fabrication and welding specifications during both tender and execution stages.
- Provide necessary welding information and advice to meet the requirements of the project.
- Carry out site visits to ensure that welding is being conducted in line with relevant procedures.
- Contact and meet potential customers to promote our services with respect to welding and our other technical capabilities.
- Contribute to the development of the Company Welding qualification Data Base.
Your experience & Qualifications
- Experience in a Welding Engineering capacity, including all aspects of project management.
- Experience in a Quality Control/Assurance capacity, including all aspects of project management.
- Relevant HNC (minimum) or equivalent in Welding & Fabrication, Metallurgy or Materials Engineering.
In return we are offering an attractive including bonus and defined contribution pension scheme, company car, 22 days holiday (rising to 25 days after 3 years) plus bank holidays, Health Cover, Life Assurance and additional flexible benefits.
We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
West Bromwich - Apply now
If you wish to view our full list of Engineering vacancies, please click here, alternatively if you wish to send us a speculative application for a Welding Engineer role please click here.