The role of an Engineer Surveyor, specialising in the pressure discipline is to undertake the thorough examination, or inspection, of steam raising equipment and other plant to ensure that they comply with current regulatory and statutory requirements. The role is based from home with travel across a specified region to undertake the inspections.
- Arranging examinations directly with clients and their staff outlining specific requirements.
- Programming examinations to minimise overdue inspections and to maintain high service standards.
- Produce electronic examination reports in a professional manner with high quality standards.
- Provide, build and maintain excellent client relationships and ensure that all customer service standards are met.
- Assist other Surveyors in these disciplines as requested.
The ideal candidate will hold a recognised academic qualification in a mechanical / electrical engineering discipline which should be at least HNC, HND, NVQ 4 or equivalent. You will also have a relevant level of practical experience in a related engineering field, which should ideally be a recognised apprenticeship alongside some direct relevant engineering experience with pressure plant (particularly steam raising).
In addition you will need to have a full UK driving license, strong communication skills, both verbal and written and the ability to work both as part of a team and individually. You will be computer literate and be prepared to produce reports.
What our Surveyors say:
I inspect pressure systems, ranging from coffee machines up to industrial boilers. Each day I’ll be out and about testing kit across my work area. It’s up to me to plan my work, so what I normally do is contact a major client and once I’ve got approval to go and inspect their site I’ll plan the rest of the day around them.
Sometimes someone might cancel you after you’ve arrived, so then you have to think on your feet. By looking through the company data on your ToughBook you’ll find other work you can do.
Brighton - Apply now
West Bromwich - Apply now
Inverness - Apply now
If you wish to view our full list of Engineering vacancies, please click here, alternatively if you wish to send us a speculative application for a Pressure Systems Surveyor role please click here.