The role of an LEV/Electrical Technician Surveyor is to undertake the thorough examination, or inspection, of LEV and/or electrical plant and wiring installations to ensure they comply with current regulatory and statutory requirements. The role is based from home with travel across a specified region to undertake the inspections.
- Arranging examinations directly with clients and their staff outlining specific requirements.
- Programming examinations to minimise overdue inspections and to maintain high service standards.
- Produce electronic examination reports in a professional manner with high quality standards.
- Provide, build and maintain excellent client relationships and ensure that all customer service standards are met.
- Assist other Surveyors in these disciplines as requested.
The ideal candidate will hold a recognised academic qualification in an LEV or electrical engineering discipline which should be at least NVQ 3 or equivalent. You will also need to have gained a relevant level of practical experience within a related engineering field, which should ideally be a recognised apprenticeship alongside direct relevant engineering experience.
Experience in LEV, plaint maintenance and inspection would be advantageous.
In addition you will need to have a full UK driving license, strong communication skills, both verbal and written and the ability to work both as part of a team and individually. You will be computer literate and be prepared to produce reports.