As charities and organisations grow, the importance of a board of trustees or management committee increases. When people volunteer as trustees to support you and help to look after the best interests of your charity you may want to consider how you protect them.
We offer Directors and Officers insurance to protect trustees or senior decision makers. This cover, sometimes known as trustee indemnity cover, can help organisations to attract and retain trustees. Without the cover, a trustee’s personal assets could be at risk if a claim was to be made that contested a decision they made on behalf of the organisation.
Our trustee indemnity insurance is provided under our Financial and Administrative Liability cover and can include:
- Protection against maladministration of funds (excluding pension funds)
- Cover for breach of duty, trust, and authority
- Damage and claimants’ costs
Cover can also be extended to include cover for:
- Corporate liability for financial losses arising from your business
- Crime cover to protect you against fraudulent activity from both employees and third parties
If you would like to purchase cover for your trustees, you will also need to purchase Public Liability cover from us, which will help protect your volunteers. We know how important volunteers are to not-for-profit organisations, so we can help by offering Personal Accident cover too.