Trustee Indemnity insurance

Get a quote

Trustee Indemnity insurance for your Trustees, Directors and Officers

As charities and organisations grow, the importance of a board of trustees or management committee increases. When people volunteer as trustees to support you and help to look after the best interests of your charity you may want to consider how you protect them.

We offer Directors and Officers insurance to protect trustees or decision makers. This cover, sometimes known as trustee indemnity cover, can help organisations to attract and retain trustees. Without the cover, a trustee’s personal assets could be at risk if a claim was to be made that contested a decision they made on behalf of the organisation.

Our trustee indemnity insurance is provided under our Financial and Administrative Liability cover and can include:

  •  Protection against maladministration of funds
  •  Cover for breach of duty, trust, and authority


If you chose our insurance we can also help you protect your volunteers with our Public Liability insurance. We know how important volunteers are to not-for-profit organisations, so we can help by offering flexible Motor insurance too.

Get a Trustee Indemnity quote

Getting a quote is easy

Get a quote

Call us on 0800 917 9420

Why would I need this cover?

Trustee insurance offers financial protection to individual board members in the event that they are sued due to mismanagement in their role as a director or trustee which is detrimental to the organisation they serve or parties having an interest in it.

Most not-for-profit groups will have trustees or management committees, which means that this insurance should be considered as part of the protection you choose to provide to those who help guide your organisation.

For Example:

Trustees of a cricket club commission a new pavilion after a firm promise of a grant. They never receive the funds and are unable to pay for work which has already begun. The builder subsequently sues the trustees of the club and their Trustee Indemnity policy covers the costs of the claim.

At present we refer to trustee insurance as either Trustee Indemnity Insurance (in our Insight Policy Wording) or Financial and Administrative Liability (in our Select Policy Wording). Although similar, they do provide different covers, so please talk to us or read your policy wording for detailed information about what is covered.

For more information on Trustee Indemnity insurance, feel free to contact our friendly charity insurance advisors on 0800 917 9420 or email