Buildings and contents insurance

Buildings and contents insurance for your charity

If your charity owns a property you may want to insure it against damage with our charity buildings insurance. Whether it's a large community building or a small wooden pavilion, it's definitely worth considering.

If your charity is not responsible for insuring the premises itself, but you still want to protect the contents held within it, then our charity contents insurance will protect items such as office equipment, furniture and tools.

The following can be bought as add-ons to our standard cover:

  •  Computer Cover
  •  Business Interruption
  •  Money Cover
  •  Terrorism Cover

Get covered

Online, on the phone, or face-to-face, getting a quote is easy.

Get a quote

Call us on 0800 917 9420

Why would I need this cover?

Buildings Cover is required to protect you from the cost of repairing damage which has been caused by an incident (rather than wear and tear which you can’t insure against).

If you want to insure a large building, or buildings, you should consider seeking professional guidance on rebuild values.

If you have contents which you cannot afford to replace, were they damaged or stolen, then Contents Cover will protect you. An asset register will provide the evidence you need to support a claim.

For Example:

During a cold snap a pipe bursts in a charity’s office on Friday night. By Monday, the office is flooded with six inches of water. The damage to their equipment and to the office will cost several thousand pounds to repair. A Buildings Cover policy will allow the repair of the soiled floor and plaster walls and the Contents Cover policy will cover replacing damaged furniture and equipment (subject to any excess).

For more information about Contents or Building insurance, please contact our friendly charity insurance experts on 0800 917 9420 or email