1. Promoter: Zurich Municipal is a trading name of Zurich Insurance plc, a public limited company incorporated in Ireland. Registration No. 13460. Registered Office: Zurich House, Ballsbridge Park, Dublin 4, Ireland. UK Branch registered in England and Wales Registration No. BR7985. UK Branch Head Office: The Zurich Centre, 3000 Parkway, Whiteley, Fareham, Hampshire PO15 7JZ. (“The Promoter”).
2. Entry is through LinkedIn only and access to one of the ‘Zurich Municipal Risk & Insurance Forum – Glasgow’, ‘Zurich Municipal Risk & Insurance Forum – Leeds’, ‘Zurich Municipal Risk & Insurance Forum – Birmingham’, ‘Zurich Municipal Risk & Insurance Forum – London’ and Zurich Municipal Risk & Insurance Forum – Taunton’ closed groups is required. Entrants must have an active LinkedIn account.
3. Entrants can enter the Prize Draw from LinkedIn in the following manner:
Join one of the LinkedIn closed groups stated in point 2 and complete the sentence ‘Synergy is...’
4. The Prize Draw open and close dates vary by group. Please see below:
Zurich Municipal Risk & Insurance Forum – Leeds – 31st October 2016 to 4th November 2016 (the “Promotional Period”)
Zurich Municipal Risk & Insurance Forum – Birmingham – 8th November 2016 to 13th November 2016 (the “Promotional Period”)
Zurich Municipal Risk & Insurance Forum – Glasgow – 17th November 2016 to 22nd November 2016 (the “Promotional Period”)
Zurich Municipal Risk & Insurance Forum – London – 29th November 2016 to 4th December 2016 (the “Promotional Period”)
Zurich Municipal Risk & Insurance Forum – Taunton – 10th January 2017 to 15th January 2017 (the “Promotional Period”)
Any LinkedIn post uploaded outside of the Promotional Period will not be entered into the Prize Draw.
5. Entrants must be residents in the UK including Northern Ireland and aged 18 or over.
6. No purchase necessary to enter the Prize Draw or proof of purchase requirements.
7. Only one entry per social media account will be accepted. Entrants who post multiple times may be excluded at the discretion of the Promotor. Entrants are discouraged from creating multiple accounts for the purposes of entering the Prize Draw. Any entrant found to have done so may be excluded at the discretion of the Promotor.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify from the Prize Draw any entrant suspected of fraud or cheating including, without limitation, through the manipulation of codes, multiple computer generated entries, or otherwise fraudulently falsifying data or acting fraudulently or dishonestly in the opinion of the Promoter.
9. Employees of Zurich Insurance Group of companies and their families are not eligible to enter.
10. The winner will be the first name chosen at random from all eligible entries received within the Promotional Period.
11. The Prize Draw will take place the day after the Promotional Period ends and the winner will be notified at the Risk & Insurance Forum that they attend during Andrew Jepp’s introduction speech. There will be one winner per event. In the event that the Promoter is unable to make contact with a winner by that time another winner will be drawn.
12. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The Promotor accepts no liability for the prize or for any loss or damage arising from it.
14. No cash alternative is available.
15. By entering this Prize Draw the entrant agrees that the Promotor may use their name for promotional purposes (including confirming the prize draw winner) on the Promotor’s website, social media and within promotional emails. The winner may be asked to participate in PR or publicity activities resulting from the Prize Draw. No compensation shall be awarded for such participation.
16. The Promotor may collect personal information from entrants under the Data Protection Act 1998. Unless the entrant has expressly consented to the use of their personal information for future marketing purposes or if the entrant is selected as the winner, the entrant’s personal information will be used by the Promotor for the purposes of the administration of this Prize Draw only.
17. Prizes may be liable to tax. Any tax liability shall be the responsibility of the winner. Travel, insurance and other expenses are not included unless stated.
18. By accessing the ‘Zurich Municipal Risk & Insurance Forum – Glasgow’, ‘Zurich Municipal Risk & Insurance Forum – Leeds’, ‘Zurich Municipal Risk & Insurance Forum – Birmingham’, ‘Zurich Municipal Risk & Insurance Forum – London’ and Zurich Municipal Risk & Insurance Forum – Taunton’ closed LinkedIn groups and entering the Prize Draw, the entrant is deemed to accept these terms and conditions and those of any relevant third party. Any failure to comply with these terms and/or conditions may result in the entrant’s disqualification from the Prize Draw.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to provide substitute prizes of similar value should the specified prize become unavailable for reasons beyond its control. Unless specified otherwise, the prize is not transferable. In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of the promotion, including the allocation of more prizes than are available, the Promoter reserves the right to end or suspend the promotion; amend these terms and conditions; declare void the notification of winners; and/or to allocate available prize by conducting a simple draw from all wrongly allocated winners.
20. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
21. The Promoter will not be liable for system failures, network errors, errors or unavailability to the Instagram, Facebook or Twitter websites or apps, or the entrant’s Instagram, Facebook or Twitter accounts, hacks on the system or personal computer/mobile device issues.
22. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for incorrectly completed, lost or delayed entries, notices, acceptances, tickets or other documents related to the prize. Entries not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid. The instructions provided at point of entry form part of the terms and conditions of this draw and in the event of a conflict, these terms and conditions take precedence.
23. The Prize will only be presented to a winner if and when the Promoter is satisfied of the winner’s eligibility. The Promoter may at its discretion disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter may also exercise this discretion to select an alternative winner.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to delay, postpone or cancel the Prize Draw in the event of circumstances outside its reasonable control, which it considers make it necessary for it to do so.
25. The Prize – One £20 Amazon voucher. The voucher must be redeemed within the boundaries set out on the voucher by Amazon. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any person as a result of entering the Prize Draw or as a result of accepting the Prize. The Promoter gives no warranty or guarantee in relation to the Prize. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of the Promoter for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
26. These Prize Draw terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales. The Promotor and the entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.