To be able to login to Virtual Consulting, you will need to register using your name and email address. We will use this information to provide you with an account to enable you to gain access to the portal.
If your personal details change, or you change your mind about your marketing preferences, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other than this, the only personal information that we will collect about you will be your IP address.
When you visit our website, we automatically collect information about your browsing session, for example your IP address and what type of device you are using, e.g. a computer, a smart phone or a tablet. We also record the pages you view during your visit. However, we will not use this information to identify you personally. We will also collect your contact information when you report a problem with our website.
The Virtual Consulting web platform is hosted by Zurich North America. A users logon credentials (UserID and password) will reside on a Zurich server in the USA. Where we transfer your personal information to countries that are outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), we will ensure that it is protected and that the transfer is lawful. We will do this by ensuring that the personal information is given adequate safeguards by using 'standard contractual clauses' which have been adopted or approved by the European Commission, the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework or other solutions that are in-line with the requirements of European data protection laws.
You have a number of rights in relation to how your personal information is processed by us. We have set out an overview of these rights below. These rights are not absolute and will apply, subject to certain conditions, as set out in applicable data protection legislation. Your rights may include:
- to access your data (by way of a subject access request);
- to have your data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- in certain circumstances, to have your data erased, for example if you withdraw your consent to us using it, or we no longer need it for the purpose for which we collected it;
- in certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your data;
- a right of data portability, namely to obtain from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format a copy of your data for you to reuse for your own purposes across different services;
- to object to direct marketing. If we use information about you for this purpose you can "opt-out" without the need to justify it;
- if we use the information about you on the basis of our legitimate interest, other than for the purpose of direct marketing, you can object to our using it for those purposes, giving an explanation of your particular situation, and we will consider your objection;
- not to be subject to automated decision making (including profiling), where it produces a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on you;
- to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the data protection legislation;and
- if we are processing your personal information with your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you wish to apply any of your rights, use your usual contact route, or we have a designated point of contact for each of our areas which you can access here. If you are unsure, you can contact us by calling 0800 096 6233.
We may have included links on this website to other sites that you may find useful. These websites will each have their own privacy statement, which will differ from ours. Therefore please ensure, when you click on any of our links, that you read the privacy statement located on the website you have selected. Any websites connected with this site are not within our control.
Zurich Insurance Group
or via email at GBZ.General.Data.Protection@uk.zurich.com.