Zurich launches travel safety app for group protection customers
Swindon, August 1, 2017
Today, global insurer Zurich announces the launch of red24’s* TravelKit - a new travel app for its group protection customers and their employees.
TravelKit allows users to input their travel itineraries and then view flight and travel updates in real time. Users can also access a 24/7 emergency hotline and the latest news and security information for the countries they are travelling in.
Built with geolocation technology to ensure information is relevant to travellers’ locations, TravelKit provides a range of features to alert them to any major events or potential risks in their destination that may impact travel plans. The TravelKit app is free of charge to Zurich group protection customers and can be downloaded from Google Play or iTunes.
Other key features of TravelKit include:
- Travel documents and passport information storage
- Detailed intelligence on 260 destinations worldwide addressing security hotspots and the threat of terrorism
- Information on travel health, such as pre-travel vaccination recommendations and the availability of medical care in each country
- Local currency information, dialling codes and emergency numbers
- An interactive map of key traveller locations such as hospitals and police stations
- A daily news service
Nick Homer, Zurich Head of Market Management, Corporate Risk said, With more of our customers and their employees working in a global environment, tools like this are a great way to help them ensure their travel plans run as smoothly as possible by alerting them to potential delays or risks”
“With mobile phones being an essential tool for business travellers, this app is a natural extension of the travel safety website we’ve provided for our customers, with key information now available at their fingertips while they’re on the move.”
Mark Callaghan, red24’s Head of Sales for Financial Services said, “You can rely on TravelKit in times of travel preparation and incident. It’s designed to push travel risk information relevant to the traveller’s location in the most convenient way possible”
“With mobile technology dominating the travel market, ensuring our clients can access our information via a mobile app in a proactive way is essential.”
* red24 is part of iJET International, Inc. a leading integrated risk management company