The Insurance Basics programme has been designed to provide a foundation level understanding of insurance and how it works. It offers a very useful introduction to insurance particularly for those new to the industry and is an excellent base from which individuals can start to build up technical skills.
The programme covers the following tutorials:
- Policy Construction
- Principles of Insurance - Introduction
- Lloyd's and the London Market
- General Insurance Market Products - Commercial Insurances
- General Insurance Market Products - Liability Insurance
- UK General Insurance Market
- Claims Processes - Introduction
- Underwriting - the Process
- FCA Regulations - An Introduction and Overview
- Sanctions in General Insurance
Each tutorial attracts 4 CPD points which equates to 1 hour CPD, except for the Principles of Insurance - Introduction tutorial which attracts 2 CPD points, equating to ½ hour CPD.
Total CPD available = 38 CPD units / 9½ hours (provided an individual completes all the elements in the Insurance Basics Programme)