We recognise and proactively partner with the Unite and UFS unions, including quarterly meetings of the Zurich Partnership Groups which bring together union and employee representatives with senior leaders from the UK General Insurance businesses. Our Life business has an Employee Forum, which enables employee representatives to be involved in management decisions.
In September 2015 we conducted our Voice of the Employee engagement survey to over 52,000 employees. The response rate in the UK was 68% . 81% of respondents felt that Senior Leaders at Zurich in the UK were committed to corporate responsibility activities, an increase from 73% in 2013.
The aims of the survey are:
- to recognise the importance of a fully engaged workforce to the delivery of the goals of the business
- gathering feedback in a robust and comprehensive way to enable the identification of areas where action will be of the most benefit
- providing a level of consistency to allow comparisons across areas and the sharing of learning and good practice
- providing a basis for the future monitoring of the success of the action plans generated.
- Our next global employee engagement survey will take place in September 2016.
To demonstrate to employees that they are being listened to and their feedback is being acted on, all managers are required to discuss the results with their teams supported by local survey groups and/or engagement champions.
All business areas are reviewing their results and developing actions to address the key issues. These will be communicated to employees through team meetings and the intranet.