In the UK Zurich provides funding to the Zurich Community Trust which delivers an active community investment programme.
Zurich Community Trust (UK) Limited is a registered charity in its own right. It is funded equally by the UK business and by people's donations. We support a wide range of local, national and overseas charities, many of which are chosen by our employees.
Zurich is proud to be one of the first recipients of the Business in the Community developed CommunityMark, which recognises effective community investment which in Zurich's case is mainly delivered through the Zurich Community Trust.
Click here to download answers given to Business in the Community about our Programme to merit being awarded the CommunityMark.
Click here to find out more about Zurich Community Trust in the UK.
Key facts about Zurich Community Trust
- Since 1981, over £60 million has been donated
- Over 600 charities supported each year helping over 100,000 people
- Zurich staff raise over £500,000 each year
- Around 6,000 days are volunteered each year by around 40% of Zurich's employees
Zurich in the UK - Community Initiatives
Zurich Cares is Zurich's employee involvement programme which manages the valued donations of employee's time, money and skills. Through Zurich Cares we help disadvantaged people - from helping children with cancer to people with disabilities to older people with dementia.
We do this through local and overseas grants, long term charity partnerships and through volunteering.
Through the Community Trust we also manage innovative and pioneering Transformation programmes supporting the most vulnerable people in our society -these are often less popular causes, but those where we believe we can make the greatest difference.
There are also opportunities for employees to get involved with these programmes too. Typically, these are longer term charity partnerships of 3-5 years and our current Transformation programmes are:
- Young People's Mental Health - for example, provides preventative support for 5,700 troubled children and parents with a mental health issue through Place2Be
- Breaking the Cycle - so far has reached over 460 family members to address the hidden harm to children when their parents misuse drugs
- Call in Time - supports the most isolated and vulnerable older people through telephone intervention. Over 100 staff currently volunteer from their desks on a regular basis
- India - supports five charity partners in Southern India through a combination of funding and skill transfer.
Zurich recognised as community leader
Zurich has won many awards for its work over the years. Read more »
If you would like to find out more about our registered charity The Zurich Community Trust, please click here.